IS YOUR MAIN SEWER LINE CLOGGED?
There are drain lines carrying wastewater away from sinks, toilets, showers, and tubs throughout a house. Each one of these lines leads to the main sewer line. If one of these drain lines gets clogged it is extremely annoying; however, if the main sewer line gets clogged, you can end up with water backing up out of your fixtures, widespread flooding, leaky pipes, and plumbing problems in the house.
CAUSES OF A CLOGGED SEWER LINE:
Most clogged sewer lines don’t happen overnight, they happen gradually over time. There are all sorts of things that can harm a sewer line, including:
- Tree roots – they creep through tiny cracks feeding off the nutrients found in the line. This causes the roots to grow and eventually block sewage from passing through.
- Fat, grease, or oil – even if you run hot water when throwing these down the drain, they typically firm up by the time it reaches the main sewer line, sticks to the lines and causes a clog.
- Paper towels, flushable wipes, and. Sanitary products – none of these should be flushed down the toilet, only liquids and toilet paper should be flushed down the drains.
SIGNS OF A CLOGGED SEWER LINE:
- Gurgling or bubbling sounds coming from drains or the toilet
- Dark, stinky, gross looking water coming up from drains
- Slow-running drains throughout the house
- Foul odors coming from your drains
- Multiple clogged plumbing fixtures in the house
Being able to identify the signs of a clogged sewer line in the early stages will help you address problems before you end up with sewage water flooding the entire house. Once you realize these issues are happening, the solution is simple: turn off the water and contact the experts at Tony’s Drain & Sewer Cleaning. The ‘do it yourself’ unclogging tricks won’t solve serious sewer line clogs. Our skilled, licensed plumbing professionals provide reliable drain cleaning and sewer repair services guaranteed to get your system back up and running in no time!